ADMISSIONS PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
To apply for admission to LCAD, you are required to present a portfolio of your best work that demonstrates your strengths, interests, and individual growth. LCAD recognizes that students enter college with diverse artistic backgrounds; therefore, each portfolio is evaluated on an individual, specific basis.
Please download and review the appropriate portfolio guidelines. Contact your admissions counselor with any further questions.
*Please note that applying to Animation requires that you adhere as closely as possible to the portfolio requirements as listed.
Formatting Your Portfolio
When submitting your portfolio digital media is preferred. Digital portfolio images should be saved as .jpg files that are no larger than 1MB each (videos are exempt from size limit). Your portfolio should include an inventory list that identifies each work by number, title, media and completion date. Each image should be labeled as follows 01_ (APPLICANT’S LAST NAME), 02_ (APPLICANTS LAST NAME), etc. All images should be included in a single file folder titled:
(APPLICANT’S LAST NAME)_(APPLICANT’S FIRST NAME) Portfolio
Sending Your Portfolio
Digital Portfolio submissions are preferred. Please follow the above formatting instructions and email your Portfolio as an attachment to your Admissions Counselor or:
You may also submit your portfolio by postal mail to:The Office of Admissions Laguna College of Art & Design 2222 Laguna Canyon Road Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Need assistance developing your portfolio? Check out LCAD’s Portfolio Development Program, now offering courses for Graphic Design!
TRANSFER PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
After acceptance, students must submit work for each studio art course to be considered for transfer credit. Because it serves a more specific purpose, a transfer portfolio will likely be different from the Admissions Portfolio you submit for entrance into the college. This is very important to understand if you wish to transfer studio art credits.
1. Include images from coursework – such as 2D and 3D design classes- that demonstrate your organizational skills.
2. Include images that are related to your area of concentration/major for advanced studies.
3. The title and description of the course, as well as any information you feel pertinent for the reviewer to know, should be included in the portfolio.
4. Any studio courses not included in the Transfer Portfolio will not be considered for transfer.
5. Portfolios cannot be evaluated until the Registrar has reviewed your final transcripts.
6. Your portfolio will be evaluated by either a college studio dean, department chair, or designated department faculty. The evaluator will give the results to the Registrar.
7. When you register for LCAD classes, the results of your evaluation will be in your advising folder so that your academic advisor can register you for the appropriate courses. All course transfer eligibility is dependent upon a minimum final grade of a “C” or better in a course from an accredited American postsecondary institution.
International transfers are considered on a case-by-case basis. International students must provide an English translation of their foreign transcripts and evaluations of the transcripts into the American semester unit system.
Formatting Your Transfer Portfolio
When submitting your Transfer Portfolio digital media is preferred. Digital portfolio images should be saved as JPEG files that are no larger than 1MB each (videos are exempt from size limit). Your portfolio should include an inventory list that identifies each work by number, title, media and completion date. Each image should be labeled as follows 01_ (APPLICANT’S LAST NAME), 02_ (APPLICANTS LAST NAME), etc.
Each studio class should have its own file folder clearly labeled with the course title as it appears on your transcripts. All of these folders should be included in a master file folder titled:
(APPLICANT’S LAST NAME)_(APPLICANT’S FIRST NAME) Transfer Portfolio
Your Transfer Portfolio may be submitted by mail on a CD or emailed directly to your counselor.
For more information on transfer portfolios, transferring liberal arts courses, and liberal arts equivalents please download our TRANSFER GUIDELINES.
For any further questions please contact us at:email: email@example.com phone: 949-376-6000 ext.248